Drive produces a five year plan, called a business plan to help the organisation look ahead, set priorities, allocate resources, and prepare for problems and opportunities. The eight strategic priorities for the period 2011-16 covered by the business plan are:
- Strengthen support by implementing strategies to co-ordinate quality assurance mechanisms and activity.
- Strengthen service planning strategies and mechanisms.
- Enhance organisational capacity to support people whose behaviour challenges services.
- Devise and implement strategies and initiatives to improve performance and maintain Drive’s financial viability.
- Implement strategies and initiatives to maximise the effectiveness of the workforce.
- Review strategies for branding, communication and marketing.
- Implement management information and I.T. strategy.
- Review and implement participation strategy.